Saturday, March 7, 2009

All These Photos

My computer is getting old and tired. We've had it for about six years - which is what, like 600 in computer years. Plus I realized that it is bogged down with pictures. Serious amounts of pictures.

My mom has a box full of pictures of cute little Sara-baby. She made me an album of my childhood a few years back - taking the best of the yellowed photos, which didn't amount to too many. My life from 0-2 years is depicted in about three pages of photos.

My kids?
Grace can review her life from 0-2 years in about oh, 1,000+ pictures. On second thought, we took about 1,000 pictures alone when we made the 2008 calendar of her last year. Granted, I went back and deleted about 1/3 of those, but still, that was just ONE month.

It's a little overwhelming how to handle all the photos.

My goal for now is to go back through them - weed out the blurry, unflattering, screaming baby shots. Okay, I may leave a few screaming baby shots - I don't want Grace to grow up thinking she was smiling all the time. I don't want to edit her a new reality.

After that, I need to back them up to my external hard drive. I've been printing the best of the best each month and putting them in photo albums. I know many people feel that is passe - but I can't break the habit yet. Besides, who wants to sit in front of my computer and review pictures? I need to be annoying mom and bust out photo albums.

So what does everyone else do these days?

I keep trying to catch up on my photos, but then there are just more there waiting to be downloaded, saved, and printed.





No comments: