Monday, April 5, 2010

April Cook-A-Thon

Back in November, one of my friends invited me to come to her house and "cook for a month". We spent almost 12 hours making 23 different meals to bring home and freeze. It was a lot of work and honestly I came home thinking, "nope, not for me. That was exhausting."

But then through the next couple months I used my meals and realized that it was super convenient to pull something out of the freezer on those days where I don't know and/or don't want to make anything for the family. Plus it did save me money in the long-run.

So come January, she invited me to cook with her again. I agreed. Having a time under our belts, we planned better and streamlined things so we were able to make the process faster.

Well, the next few months passed and the past couple weeks we started talking about doing it again. I really like the cook-a-thon idea, but I didn't like the crazy long day at her house... especially now where my energy level isn't at its peak and being on my feet all day sounded wearying as well.

We planned out our meals and we (I) focused the list down to a more cost/time effective plan. Love my friend, but she can be way more ambitious than me. We were all set for today. I did my shopping. Had the list planned out.

But at things worked out, she wasn't able to participate. I thought about throwing in the towel then myself... but I didn't. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with myself.

Today I made 17 meals plus 4 homemade pizzas. My freezer is stocked.
I made:
* Chicken Enchiladas (x2)
* Meatball Casserole (x2)
* Meat Lasagna (x2)
* Creamy Chicken Lasagna
* Marinated Chicken Drumsticks (x2)
* Stove Top BBQ Chicken
* Pizza Casserole (x2)
* Sausage and Egg Casserole
* Mini Meatloaf: BBQ & Italian
* Pizza Roll-Ups (x2)

This is some of my kitchen in progress.


And my supervisor


And my mess


And now, my feet are tired. My kitchen is clean. My supervisor is sleeping. And I don't have to cook dinner tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Wow! You are a total stud. I am so impressed. :)