Friday, August 7, 2009

The Cat is Out of the Bag.... or House

So I have to admit something that I have been having a little bit of guilt about the past few days.

We recently had a household squabble. There was some shrieking. Some hiding. I kept the kids close to me.

And then...

Mr. D threw out the cat.

Her new home is outside our front door.

And I feel a little guilty because I didn't do much to stop it. I just watched, and to be honest, deep down, I'm rather glad.

Poor Kitters.

See, this cat isn't a real people-person kind of cat. She hides most of the time, isn't very friendly, and frankly, isn't even nice looking. She doesn't have the proper hygiene skills that a cat should have - she gets matted, dirty, and I have to wipe her bottom. Seriously, I have enough bottoms to wipe without adding on a cat's.

We had an incident a few weeks ago that involved pee-pee in Paul's room, poo in the office, and well, an unhappy Mr. and Mrs. D. The cat had been wearing its welcome thin the past few months. Okay, really, the past few years. Basically since I've had kids. I could tolerate her before the kids. But now, she's just in my way. Buying food and litter just aggravates me, and I generally kept her around cause I didn't know what else to do with her.

Well, now, I guess Mr. D solved that for me. However, I still feel a twinge of guilt when I see her sitting in the front planter.

But at the same time, she doesn't seem to be that perturbed. Maybe this is a good thing for her. You know, some fresh air, dirt in her paws, she can wipe her bottom in the planter rather than in my baby's room!

Yes, I think this is a good thing for her...It sure is for us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FINALLY! Endlick in German. Ha ha.

Kathy said...

Poor kitters! Not that I want to be the one to take her in...