Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Garden

This was a corner of our backyard when we moved in two months ago.


Then it looked like this as we (meaning hired help, not myself) dug out part of the slope that made up our yard.



But now, we have this.


Oh, and this.


But back to this.

This is going to be my garden area. I am so excited. I am imagining all sorts of fresh veggies, maybe some fruits. Some succulent berries or crisp lettuce. Saving money, feeding my family, teaching the kids about nature. How fun.

One problem.

I don't know how to garden.

Yet.

My thumb isn't looking anything green so far. There's no dirt under the nail. It's one step from being manicured.

Okay, maybe not that bad, but really, I'm not sure even where to begin. Good thing I have some time until spring.

Of course, I'm assuming I should wait until then.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nicely done. Can't wait to see what good things you grow.