Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Save While I Spend

I am on a mission to save a few dollars these days. Of course, isn't everyone it seems. It has become a bit of a game now to see how good of deals I can score.

My last trip on Sunday was a winner - I purchased a gallon of milk, hairspray, a Glade candle, two jars of Welch's jelly, and hair dye. I paid $1.44 out of pocket... PLUS, I earned $13 towards a future purchase. Mr. D was waiting in the car for me with the kidlets and he said he always can tell if I made a good purchase because I come out grinning.

I have a Target trip planned tomorrow... hopefully I come out grinning again!

Also, to save some money, I haven't had a dryer for the last month. Our dryer gave up for good, and we are hoping to find a good deal on Craigslist. I love that site. We have found a few leads, but they have been snatched up before we could get to them. Our recent 100+ degree weather has been drying my clothes "super-fast" as Grace would say, so I haven't had any concerns. Yet. When we get our quasi-fall season sometime, then we'll have to get serious in looking for a replacement.

So with the money that I'm saving here and there, I'm using to start decorating the house. Even though we are unpacked, the rooms just don't have a "Sara-touch" yet. I need to add some finishing touches here and there. I have a lot of empty wall space that I didn't have before. The paint is just kinda "blah". I have a list of things to do, but I am trying to remember "one thing at a time" or rather, one room at a time.

Ok, the point of all this rambling really is to share that I found a super-cute bedding set for Grace's room.

I found it on a few websites, all around the same price. But then I found that one of the websites I considered, also listed their products on ebay. Brand new and sealed. I scored it for $20 less then I would have paid through their real website. Not including what they would have charged me for shipping. Sweet. See, I can save while I spend.

That's what I'm telling Mr. D at least.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Congrats on scoring your bedding set!