Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Four Big Boxes

On our doorstep yesterday arrived four big boxes. Just in time for Paul's birthday party. Well, not really FOR his party, but they will help.

We finally purchased barstools for our kitchen. Yay! I say finally, as if we've been waiting for years, rather than a few months. But, Mr. D has been looking forward to this purchase since we moved in. I'm not sure I quite understand his enthusiasm for eating at the island, but hey, they are pretty cool to have. And so easy to feed the munchkins too.

So he couldn't wait to bust open the boxes and set them up today before he left for work this afternoon.


He left the four big, empty boxes out with the disclaimer he would take care of them tomorrow morning. I was going to let him.

But then, I had a fabulous idea.

After I had finished cleaning the kitchen from top to bottom, and scrubing the floors, I had the great idea to cut up the boxes. Yes, in the same mentioned kitchen area.

But, I wasn't just cutting them to throw out. It was a fun idea. We built a house.


The kids thought it was pretty neat.


Grace even brought in her dolls and set up house.


I had her color the inside to add her decorative touch.

But now I realize, I have a big box house in the middle of the room. I wonder how long before the kids either tire or destroy the box house.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The kitchen looks great. I love that you used the boxes to make a "Fort". Kids love that type of stuff I am sure!