Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Mr. Paul

It's hard to believe that it has already been a year since Paul Henry joined our family. It's gone by so fast. Much faster than it was with Grace. I realized this time that it is so fleeting that he will be a round, pudgy, kissable-all-over baby that I just need to soak it in and not worry if he is sleeping through the night, nursing too much, and just cuddle with him while he will still let me.

We had a delightful little birthday party for him last weekend. Really, I did keep it small-scale. Mr. D was very proud of my restraint. Even though I did inform him that I am keeping all the decorations because I am SO doing the theme again when he is older. I had so many ideas and fun activities, that just weren't suited for a one-year old.


Watch out! Paul is RACING to #1!

I came up with the theme idea based on his Halloween costume, which I had purchased a couple months ago. I figured why not maximize my use of it.

Paul had a great time...

getting into presents before the official "present time",

and then getting into more presents, and

showing off his cute outfit.


Then it was cake time! We had a near cake-trosphe. I purchased a race car mold on ebay for a great price and was so excited to make it for the party. However, after two stuck, ruined cakes, I had to give. I guess I should have tried it out prior to 9pm the evening before the party. So I came up with a quick solution... cupcakes!


They turned out pretty cute. Not a race car... but cute, I guess.

Paul wasn't too excited with his cake.

I know, probably cause it was a healthy banana cake without sugar, but "ppssssssth" (blowing a big raspberry) on that. I would rather have him not eat any cake then overload him with sugar when he hasn't had any yet. He had plenty of cake eating years ahead of him.

He also wasn't too thrilled with opening presents either. But Grace willing stepped in there.


Wait Paul! There's more presents to open!


All in all, we had a great time celebrating Paul's big race to one!

And what does the big #1 winner have to say?


I'll take that as a sign of a great party... to tired to comment!

No comments: