Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Latest

Not quite sure where to start. It's been a while.

I'll start with the big news.




Cute picture, right? Makes sense, right?

So I thought I was going to be super creative and tell my mom about the new arrival by sending her an email with this picture attached. She had been asking me for some pictures of the kids that she could have at work, so I thought, "cute, I'll send her a few pictures and this one will be in it."

So I send the email off Thursday night and Friday morning, I'm waiting for a phone call exclaiming her excitement for the new grandchild. I turn on the computer looking for an email.

Finally an email reply comes back.

    "Thanks these are cute. I put the one with “all” the grandkids on my desktop!
    By the way, my dress ...."

And she goes on to talk about a dress she bought and weekend plans.

Say what? Where is the excitement? The congratulations?

Then it dawns on me. She thinks that I took a picture of my kids with my sister-in-law's ultrasound. "All" her grandkids that she knows about so far.

And now why would I do that?

So a little deflated, I had to write back and explain it a little bit further.

Her reply:

    "WHAT!!!????"

Followed by an immediate phone call.

Yes, that's better. That's the enthusiasm I was looking for.

It would have been better the first time though.

So that's the latest here. I'm going to try to get back on track, since the TWO people who read this have asked me why I am a big slacker and don't write.

3 comments:

Megan and John said...

congrats!! gosh, i wish that we lived closer, we could have some perma-play date companions! we are right on the same fertility track or something!! so, when's the babe due?? so excited for you!

(i don't have internet right now, so my comments are far and few between, but i am checking you out, so don't be slacking!) :)

Unknown said...

I am proud to be one of those two people.

Thanks for sharing the story about your mom. Too funny!

Kathy said...

So you have at least three readers! The photo was a good idea-- but I guess sometimes good ideas don't work out. :)