Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Big Thank You

Its been thank-you card central around here. I promise, this will be the last post about Grace's party. Pinkie-swear.

But since I went through all the hoops in doing the invitations and the party-planning, I couldn't send out some sad thank-you's. I had to finish off the safari adventure. You know, bring it full circle - the "circle of life" like Lion King.

Okay, so I'm being a little dramatic. But I am happy with my thank-you cards. I took the same concept from the invitations and reversed it. I put the animal paper in the outside. On the inside I used a plain sheet of cardstock so I could handwrite the actual thank you. Then I tied the invitation closed with a piece of raffia with a little card attached that said "Thank You".




Now here's where I have a hubby that gets too involved. (Just kidding of course, I love his involvement). His great contribution to the thank-you card concept was to think of the thoughtful gesture of including in each card a picture of Grace playing with the new gift she received from said person. Great idea - in concept. 2.5 million pictures later I'm over it. Plus, I needed to get them out. So, there were a handful of thank-you's that simply included a picture of Grace from the party. (The one I posted last week of her wearing her safari hat). I tried hard to get good pictures for everyone, but my model wasn't always cooperative.

Here's a few of the more cooperative pictures.

Cooking with her new pots & pans (and hat)




The cool bubble machine




Putting money in her new piggy bank (and cleaning out dad's change fund)




New clothes!




And one more... just to show her "naughty" side

No comments: