Friday, April 11, 2008

Saved by the Beep

I'm going to go crazy soon if Mr. D doesn't get home from work and help me.

It's driving me mad. Slowly. Soon you'll find me sitting outside in my backyard in the dark with my dog. Just sitting and waiting.

The battery in our smoke detector is going bad and its letting me know. Every minute or so. Every high pitched beep. Reminding me to change the battery.

It's driving me crazy. I can't do anything about it. The smoke detector is at the top of our vaulted ceiling some 15 feet up or more. Mr D forbade me (via my whiny telephone call) to try to get up on the ladder to try anything. One look up there and don't worry, my two feet will remain on the ground.

But he's gotta get home and do something!

I am so thankful that my friend invited me out tonight to shop and have dinner. If not, I would have sat in the house and been a raving lunatic by this hour.

However, my daughter, the one who wakes up if I type breathe too loud in the next room, she's sound asleep. Not a peep. I'm shocked. I thought it would keep her up. Or at least wake her up after a short while. Thank God for that.

So he should be home soon. (beep) Any minute now. (beep). Any minute now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged. See my blog!
Lyndsay