Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Grace

As of 12:34am this morning, I became the mama of a 3 year old. Today we celebrated Miss Grace's birthday. Of course, the REAL celebration is this weekend at that fish party I've mentioned. (sigh, still so much to do). But, we did have a nice day hanging out with Grace.

We first went to Party City and bought her a $.50 pinwheel. That was all it took for a bit of happiness. Actually, she had been given one last weekend at a birthday party, and yesterday it blew out the car window. So, we told her we would get her a new one today.

Then we went shopping. Well, shopping for mom and dad. :) Kohl's was right next door, so now mom and dad have new duds for the fish party. Hey, the kids have new outfits, why not us!

We headed home and I threw together a quick dinner.

And then Grace opened one of her birthday presents.

What is it?

A pool! With fish on it! (what a coincidence!)


Then after dinner we went out and got frozen yogurt.

Yum!


Well, except for Paul, who got to eat green beans and rice!


And ran around the fountain.



After the sticky treat,

we headed home to the bath. And I let Grace play with the bathtub jets for a little while.

Look out - the bubbles are taking over!


All in all, it was a nice day. I think Grace was a little confused that she was three today, and not three at the party coming up. She told us no for a while that she wasn't three yet.

But then I guessed if she figured gifts and treats were part of the deal, she would go along with it.

Happy Birthday Grace!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday, Grace! I can't believe she is already three. [By the way, I think I recognize that fountain she was running around.]

Unknown said...

I love that her birthday present will most likely be used at her party too? Ha ha. I feel so sad that I wasn't there to walk her around the fountain.