Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fish Recap



So I know, everyone is waiting on pins and needles for the "fish party" recap. I know friends, I have left you hanging. But here's the thing, I don't have all my pictures yet to really thoroughly give the proper recap this event deserves. See, I was so busy being the proper hostess, baking off fish sticks, and keeping the "ocean water" punch filled, that I passed off picture-taking duty to a friend, who takes much better pictures than me anyhow. Well, my friend took them on her camera, and still has them. I have a handful of pictures on my camera, but nothing too outstanding.

But the party. The party went really well. Grace had a blast, and that's what matters the most. We set up a little "ocean oasis" in the corner of the backyard with Grace's new birthday pool and some other water activities that we have. The kids had fun playing in the water.



Meanwhile, I was prepping lunch, which consisted of, yes, you guessed it... fish! We had grilled pacific snapper (and chicken for non-fishie people), fish sticks, as well as all the other lunch-type items. My cakes turned out good. I made one shaped like a fish and the other was an ocean-scene. The ocean cake was prettier, but the chocolate fish cake tasted better!

I had fun decorating up the house with fish, nets and streamers. We did get the live goldfish for the tables outside. Unfortunately, the heat and the fish didn't quite work out. As I was told, "You have a sleeping fish outside.... permanently sleeping." After that the other fish came inside to hang out. By the food. I found that a little ironic as I served up fish sticks next to him.

All in all, we had an "ocean of fun!"
I promise to post better pictures when I get them from my friend. I am anxious myself to see them! Okay, so maybe I'm the only one waiting on pins and needles.

1 comment:

Ruang Kita said...

:) i can see happiness in ur beautiful daughter face :) nice