Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stop Mocking Me

My to-do list is mocking me. It is busy laughing at me cause it is getting the best of me, gosh darn it.

I had great hopes for today. Today on the to-do list I was going to take Paul to his 9-month appt. (nine months! already!?), come home, put some of the junk stuff away in the office, now that Mr. D has installed some nifty shelves for me in the closet. Then I was going to make my shell candy for the "fish party" that is coming up, make dinner, write up my shopping lists for both general groceries as well as party food ingredients.

Well,I had ambitious plans. I dabbled in all these things, but really didn't accomplish all that much. A couple boxes put away (still many more piled up around me as I speak), half a grocery list written, a few trays of candies made, and I only managed to get Paul to his appointment - didn't bring him home. Just kidding. But I was late to the appointment...that will support my to-do list mocking.

Yes, remember that small-scale party I am hosting for my daughter. I have a problem. I am admitting it now. I can't do small-scale very well. Incapable. I surrender. In this super-size culture, I want to "Go Big." Bring on the molded candies, two different cakes (one shaped like a fish, the other decorated like the ocean), streamers, murals of fish on the walls. Don't stop now. I am going out to buy little fish to put on the tables. Real fish. Again, I admit it. Problem.

But it's so much fun and I get so excited. Then I talk to my friends who fuel my ideas. Heck, my husband suggested live fish. See, its not just me.

But yeah, I have a lot do before Sunday. I'll get those to-do's whipped into shape!

No comments: