Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jet Setting Party Animal

Wow. It has been two weeks. Missed me much?

We had our exciting adventure to Washington DC last week for my friend's wedding and this past week we have spent getting back into the groove, doing piles of laundry, and pretty much kicking back since Mr. D took the week off work.

Traveling with Grace turned out to be much better than anticipated. I've decided she's going to be a jet-setter and party animal. I'm in trouble.

She loved the traveling part. The airplane ride was exciting - well for the first 3-4 hours. The last hour not so much. But I was feeling the itch to get moving too, so who can blame the kid. Even then, no tears. We only have to use our portable DVD player (AKA, our back-up relief pitcher) for only an epidsode of Go, Diego, Go and a little bit of Wonder Pets.

Then the hotels. Whee - elevators, running down hallways, Mom and Dad always in the same room with her. She was in heaven.

Oh, and the Metro. She loved riding on the train.
Everything was just so exciting.

So when she's off traveling the world when she grows up, she's also going to be dancing the nights away. I'm worried.

She was the life of the party at the wedding. She danced and danced and danced some more. If Mom and Dad sat down, she would take us by the hand back to the floor. I wanted to take a video of her with her fancy moves. My daughter now does the "Raise the Roof". Sweet. But I didn't think of it til she was somewhat winding down for the night. She danced until the party ended at 11pm.

Unfortunately, my pictures didn't even turn out the greatest - my flash was turned off for half of them. I'm usually much better at documenting our travels, but multitasking between being in the wedding and helping with Grace, made my photo skills suffer. Fortunately, I think my mom had some good ones on her camera, but I haven't seen her to snag them yet. So I guess some of these medicore shots will suffice for now.

The Family






























Dancing Away



1 comment:

Lauren said...

She is such a cutie!

(Lauren from the T2CHK board)