Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nesting Continues

Not to speak for all pregnant women, but there is a reason that I shouldn't be making decisions while gestating - they aren't always the best choices.

Tonight - 7:30pm



This was Grace's room. After spending the afternoon baking cookies for Mr. D, I decided around 5pm that I would go clean out Grace's closet. Really? 5pm? You think that's a good time to start a major cleaning project.

Yes, it won't take me long. I'll get dinner around 6pm.

Really? 6pm?


And I was right. It didn't take me long. Not long to take everything out of the closet and make a mess.

At 6pm, I left the room along with my child who had stripped down to a diaper (it was hot upstairs), was wearing bunny ears from Easter and chewing on an empty bottle that was supposed to be in the Goodwill bag.

We had dinner by 6:20pm. But then instead of our evening walk, I had to go back upstairs and figure out what to do with the mess.

Some of it went back into the closet to be dealt with at a later date (hopefully tomorrow), some of it went into the office - soon-to-be nursery (mostly baby stuff that I wanted out of Grace's closet), and the rest is sitting in the hallway waiting to go downstairs into the Goodwill pile.

So I made some progress - just probably wasn't the best timing in the world. But again, let me remind you - pregnant. Pregnant and starting to worry that new baby boy is going to be sleeping in an office in pink pajamas because I wasn't ready in time!

Oh, and this was Grace's room at 8:30pm before bedtime. See, I pulled it back together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How many times have I caught myself in the same predicament? Oh to often. I love how you pulled it off too.