Thursday, August 28, 2008

Still Preparing

We have a game plan for this weekend. A game plan that includes baby preparations! Yay! I need this game plan to take action so I can stop feeling completely unprepared for baby boy's arrival in less than two months.

So here's the plan. It starts with painting the den on Saturday. This is what its looked like for the past two weeks.





So how does that figure into baby preparation? No, baby isn't going to be sleeping in the den. Nor do I believe he will care what color the walls are, but it is a chain of occurrences.

The den gets painted Saturday.
Then, on Sunday we can move the computer desk downstairs. It will be replacing the small corner table.
Once the desk is downstairs, obviously, the computer and all its fun accessories will follow.
This will open up the upstairs room for the nursery.
And it comes back to the baby!

Once we get that desk out, I can clean out the closet. Move the cat - somewhere. Where? We haven't decided yet. Fortunately the room doesn't need to be painted. We can hopefully find a cheap dresser/changing table on Craigslist and I plan to peruse some baby stores on Monday for a bedding set.

There, done.

Sounds easy, right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What the?! When did this project start? I had no idea! Can't wait to see it completed.

The Garrett Family said...

You plan just like I do. My husband would never understand how painting the den would mean getting ready for a baby, but I totally get it! :) You'll have to show pictures when you're done.

Anonymous said...

So how did your weekend go? Did you get as much done as you'd hoped? Make sure you post pictures of how it all turned out.