Sunday, August 24, 2008

Park Fun




Contemplating the ducks


We had a park-filled weekend. Friday, we visited the park along with my friend and her husband who were in-town visiting. We figured if Grace was cute enough they'll have kids soon too. I think she passed the cute-test.

Then today we went to the big park for a birthday party. This park not only has ducks, but horses and a train! Grace went on her first pony ride. She was a little intimidated (okay, cried and yelled) at first, but once the pony started walking along she thought it was pretty neat. She doesn't say "horse", but the whole way home she made her horse-noises to tell us about her adventure.

Then we rode the train too. Its a good 15 minute ride around the park and even goes through a tunnel. It was fun.

The not-so-quite fun part of our day was the temperature. These days its doesn't take much for me to glisten (sweat like a pig), and I was hot today. I'm not talking HOT like "oh look at that hottie", but more like, "oh that poor lady is having a hot flash". I managed though. On the plus side, even with all the heat, I didn't experience much swelling. Yay!

So here's Grace's first pony ride, and yes, the round, pink, glistening lady is my 7-month pregnant self.




No comments: