Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Disneyland!

As a true So-Cal gal, I *heart* Disneyland. I didn't get to go much as a kid, but once I was old enough to work and buy an annual pass, my love affair flourished. In high school, my friends and I would go and hang out, buy expensive ice cream cones, watch the Electric Parade, and eat sour balls (well, except for the green ones cause those taste funny).

Then in college, I was there on the weekends in my vintage dresses swing dancing at Carnation Plaza. I would still buy expensive ice cream and sour balls too.

I met Mr. D and he gamely bought an annual pass and would accompany me to the Happiest Place on Earth, or at least Anaheim, CA. However, he never did quite share my infatuation.

So it had now been over TWO YEARS since I visited the Magical Kingdom. A few years back we stopped renewing our passes since we weren't going out there enough to warrant the cost. The last time we went I had won free passes at work. I was pregnant with Grace. I can pinpoint that visit because I felt uber-guilty that I went on Space Mountain anyhow. I just couldn't pass it up... maybe that explains why Grace loves all the fast rides.

Well I have been hankering to visit D-land for a while now. Mr. D kept telling me that we should wait until Grace is old enough to appreciate it (since its freakin' expensive to go at full-price). Then I was pregnant again. Then we had a newborn. He just kept bringing up one excuse after another.

But I found a loophole!

Thanks to Disneyland, in 2009 you get in FREE on your birthday. Yes, F-R-E-E. So how did Mr. D get to celebrate the big 3-2 on January 3rd? Why, only with Mickey and friends. He got in free, Grace and Paul are both still free, so we just had to splurge for a ticket for me.

It was the best birthday I he ever had!




1 comment:

Megan and John said...

i miss disneyland... oh, how i wish that i lived closer and i would drag my family weekly. :) how was it with the two kids? we took daniel when he was about 18 months and he had fun, but didn't really grasp the enormity of it all... happy birthday, mr. d!