Tuesday, January 27, 2009

More Book




Like any good mom, I want to encourage my kids to love reading. I want to foster a love of learning. I hope they will experience the thrill of getting lost in a good book, turning each page with enthusiasm wondering what will happen next. Okay, so I've indulged myself in many flights of fancy through a good book.

So like a good mom, I'm encouraging Grace to like books. Actually she doesn't need much encouragement. She would be perfectly content to let me read book after book after book all day. Whenever I happen to sit down during the day on the couch, she heads over to her cupboard that has her downstairs books and brings me a book.

"Book. Book"

"Okay Grace, one book."

We read "Hop on Pop" for the 5,300,302th time.

"Okay we're all done."

"No. More book. More book. More book."

She's very persistent when it comes to her books.

So she was thrilled when she discovered the library on Monday. It was her first visit. She could have stayed there all day bringing me book after book from the seemingly never ending collection.

She now has her own library card.




We checked out 7 books. (Between Mr. D and myself, we've already read them all at least 12 times each).



I hope she understands that these books have to go back to the library.

But I'm sure I can help any misunderstanding by checking out more books. More book. More book. More book.

No comments: