Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm feeling pretty thankful this Thursday, so here's a Thankful Thursday list for ya'll.

I'm thankful for:

1. my hour of "Sara time" I'm enjoying. Kiddoes are in bed asleep and hubby is still at work. I love my family, but I also love sneaking in an hour here and there of alone time.

2. my freshly scrubbed floors. Today I got down on hands and knees and scrubbed up all the grime from the Santa Ana winds, as well as the loose plastic pine needles and scattered glitter from Christmas. I love clean floors that don't turn my socks grey.

3. our DVR. Seriously. I love this thing. Plus I love the fact that Mr. D finagled it out of satellite company, making our bill $5 less each month while keeping all our services. This thing has brought tv watching to a whole new level for me. It's so freeing. I don't have to worry about when something comes on - it does it for me. I worried that getting it would make me watch more tv, but rather, I find I'm actually watching less, and better quality tv. When I do sit down to watch it, I don't have to channel-surf and settle for just "something." I get to watch something I already requested. It's amazing.

4. my working internet. I've been fighting with it losing connection EVERYDAY. It was driving me mad. All it took was a simple 20 minute call to the company and so far it seems to be fixed. So easy, and I put it off for so long.

5. the fact that my daughter is alive and well and didn't drown in the bathtub. I had to leave her alone for a few minutes while I tended to sad, crying Paul. When can you leave your kid in the tub unattended and not feel like you're a bad mommy?

6. that tomorrow is Friday, and Mr. D is off, and the house is clean, so we can do something fun and I don't have to feel guilty!

7. and of course, I'm thankful for these guys.

No comments: