Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good for a Chuckle

Oh no I didn't... back to back entries. Woah - this is getting crazy now. What? Am I figuring out how to handle two kidlets these days. Okay, I won't go that far.

But today was a boring at-home, so I don't have any fascinating tales of adventure or exciting photos to share. So instead, dear friends, I thought I would share just some of thoughts that have made me chuckle today.

* How I spend all day trying to get my son to burp and my daughter not to. I swear, she's a teenage boy in disguise. She belches like a grown person, then grins like she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Through her giggle, she mumbles something that resembles "'cuse you". I repeat, "Excuse ME". She grins. And belches. Lovely.

* I hear Mr. D outside with Grace before he leaves for work. She's helping him give the dogs and plants fresh water. I pause when I hear him saying repeatedly, "Moron. Moron." Really Mr. D? Sure she's only two and doesn't get everything, but c'mon, a moron. Then I realize what he's really saying is, "more on. more on." Grace was in charge of turning on the faucet for the hose and he was repeating her two-year old sentence structure. Moron. More on.

* I haven't come up with a good excuse yet why we gave our children the initials G.E.D. and P.H.D. I guess we have higher expectations for Paul. Maybe Grace will marry well. But honestly, both have middle names that are family names and they just worked - I can't help what their initials spell. Well, I guess I really could have helped it, but I chose not to.

* My daughter has a sixth sense. It's her sense of cheese. This kid seems to always know when I'm taking cheese out of the refrigerator. Suddenly next to me I hear a very persistent little voice, "cheese. cheese. cheese." pause. "peease." This morning, she shared her slice with dad, from whom she inherited said sixth sense. They were both so pleased to have finagled cheese out of mommy-the-cheese-hoarder. But cheese is expensive - they can't just be gobbling it down. They don't seem to agree with me.

So of course, all my stories again revolved around the wee ones, but that's the way things go most times around here. It's that or talking about my laundry folks. And laundry isn't that exciting usually. But, I have been adding some lavender essential oil to my drying cylce and my clothes smell yummy.

Okay, so maybe laundry can be thrilling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a cheese sense too! I got this huge plate of cheese in Prague. So super good!