Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Clothes Shopping

I don't know what I wore during my last pregnancy. I must have worn the same three outfits over and over and over because that seems to be all I have in my closet. About a month ago I pulled out my maternity clothes from last time and gave them the once over. I realized a few were unfortunately already too small (thanks hips for spreading), some were too career-oriented since I had to work during my last pregnancy, and some were just downright hideous. (What was I thinking!?)

I had to make a few trips to Motherhood Maternity - in my opinion they have the best options and quality of clothes. Their prices are comparable to other known discount places like Target or Kohl's, but the clothes fit me better. So three trips later, I think I have a decent maternity wardrobe. I've learned to shop for the basics this time around and not fall for cute things (that will be hideous two years later) and things I may only wear for two months (anything somewhat fitted now will no longer fit by month eight or nine). So I have a couple pairs of capris that will match a handful of tops, throw in a couple dresses, and of course a pair of lounge pants and I'm good to go. I did buy a pair of shorts too - this staying at home all day forced me to it. It's been 150 degrees each day (okay, maybe only 95), but its hot and I still have the summer to get through.

I hated spending the money - I thought the second time around I would be so thrifty pulling out my old clothes and reusing them, but unless I wanted to sit around the house chasing a two-year old in long sleeves (again what was I thinking!?) and slacks, I needed to splurge.

This afternoon when I went shopping, I wised up though and brought my mom along. Thanks mom for buying one of the outfits for me. Aren't moms great! She watched my wild indian while I tried on clothes and then bought me some of them. In return all I had to do was bring dinner over.

No comments: