Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dancing Machine

"She's a dance, dance, dance, dancing machine.
Watch her get down, watch her get down."
Meanwhile, we all stand around in a circle, "Go Gracie, Go Gracie."

Grace went through her first day of Dance Class for Tots. A better title would be Organized Chaos for Tots. Imagine 15 adorable (mostly) girls running around in pink (and purple) leotards to Lion King's "I Just Can't Wait to Be King". And then finish with a loud "RAWR".

The fact that they managed to do any sort of organized movement was impressive to me. Of course, Moms are all on hand to help guide their little ones.

Grace did.... okay. She was a little hesitant. She was fine until the music got loud and the teacher was talking over the music, and the little girls were yelling over the teacher and the music. Then it was a bit overwhelming for her. But when the music stopped, Grace was the first one to clap her little hands and yell "YAY!". As if she deserved all the applause for hiding behind Mommy's leg.

I didn't realize how fancy little leotards can get either. I went out and bought Grace the standard pink leotard. She wore it proudly with her little chubby legs hanging out. I thought she looked cute. But then we show up and there's skirts, and glitter, and tulle and hairbows galore. Poor plain Grace. I told Mr. D and his comment was "so next week you'll have a skirt for her then." Not necessarily. (Well, maybe).

No cameras were allowed in the studio, so I can only show Grace pre-dance class. I think she might need a skirt next week.

No comments: