Thursday, June 5, 2008

Relationships

We have new neighbors moving in next door. Its really an answer to prayer - they are a family from our church who have two kids, plus two on the way (twins!). Their daughter is three and son is two - just a couple months older than Grace. She's about 6 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy. How exciting. I'm hoping that we can all get along and Grace might have some playmates. There really aren't any little ones around us, nor in our family, so Grace is pretty used to playing alone. It sounds so sad, but its not so much that she's lonely as she needs to learn to play with others.

Plus, Mr. D and I have been "dating" another couple from church. We joke that getting to know another couple is like dating: when do you call, is it too soon to get together again. Fortunately, the other couple makes the same jokes - so they "get us". I don't know about other people, but it seems to be so hard to find like-humored people. I meet many like-minded people, but like-humored is different.

This is how see it: like-minded - you have fairly similar beliefs and values. Obviously, I don't have to see eye to eye with someone on everything, but having similar values and outlooks on life helps things along. Now, like-humored - we can laugh and joke about the same types of things. I can tell the story about seeing the grandma in Target who had a muffin-top, (I am not making this up), and they'll laugh at it. Or cringe like I did. As a sidenote, grandmas shouldn't be wearing low-rise jeans and short tops. Really. Actually, its not a look that flatters anyone, but I don't usually see in in the 70+ age group.

So that's the latest in our relationship life. The ups and downs of moving into new stages in life and meeting people along the way.

No comments: