Saturday, February 9, 2008

Six Years Ago

Six years ago at this time, I was:

- Nervous
- Excited
- Getting my hair and nails done professionally for the first time
- Packing and repacking
- Taking pictures with my friends

Oh yeah, about to get married!

Six years ago today, Mr. D and I said "I Do" and started our new life together. Sure, it we had some hard blows early in our marriage, we had to learn a lot about each other, but it has been a great six years! Without sounding overly sentimental (which I can't avoid), I love him so much and know that God brought us together and will keep us together. As we often would say to each other, I know that I'M the lucky one.





I know he's there to laugh at my silliness, hold me when I'm hurting, help me whenever possible, and love me for me. Now, you can't beat that.

Enough with the sentimentality. When we were in our pre-marital counseling class, our pastor was talking about having common interests with your spouse and enjoying doing things together. We went around the room and the different couples shared what they like to do with each other. Things like, bike riding, hiking, movies, etc.

We get to Mr. D.
"We like to go to Disneyland, eat ice cream, people-watch, and laugh"

Yes, that was a proud moment in our relationship.

I love you Mr. D!

No comments: