Tuesday, March 25, 2008

When Mommy Kicks Herself

I could kick myself. I would, if I were flexible enough.

As I've mentioned earlier, we are planning a trip to DC in May. I was online last Friday searching for fares. I found a good deal, and was getting ready to book it. But, I wanted to make sure it was the BEST deal. So I combed through dozens of sites just to make sure. It was. Great.

Then I realized that I was late. We were supposed to be at church by 5pm - Mr. D had to drop off some supplies for Sunday before the office closed. It was almost 4pm and I wasn't ready.

No biggie. I'll book the tickets when we get back home that night.

Well, after several errands and a stop at my mom's house, it was almost 10pm by the time we arrived back home. I didn't feel like doing tickets. "I'll do it tomorrow," I thought.

Saturday passed. Sunday was Easter.

Monday. Okay, today I'll book the tickets. But to my suprise, not only did I miss out on the good deal, but the best deal I can find now is $60 more per ticket. Dang. I sheepishly told Mr. D who shook his head, but fortunately didn't say much more.

So I'm holding out for another day. I read somewhere online that Wednesdays are the best day to buy tickets. We'll see.

Oh, and are you wondering where Grace's super-cute Easter pictures are? Shame on Mommy. I didn't take a single picture of her all dressed up in her Easter dress. I just have pictures of her post-church, lunch, and nap in her Easter-casual wear to find Easter eggs. This is the best that I can show.

No comments: