Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Book Meme

So I was tagged twice - thanks Linda & Angela - but I'm just going to play once.

Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

Well, the nearest book is "In a People House", but it ends around page 15. So, I'll go to the next one.

1. The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley (hmmm - wonder what's going on in our house!)
2. I'm there...
3. The nature sounds (raindrops, a babbling brook, or running water) often are similar to your heartbeat and fluids rushing in and out of the placenta, which is what your baby heard in utero.
4. Remember those sounds from when you listened to your baby's heartbeat with the Doppler stethoscope? A ticking clock or bubbling fish tank are also wonderful white-noise options. You can find some suitable tapes and CDs made especially for babies or others that are made for adults to listen to when they want to relax. Whichever you pick, listen to it first and ask yourself, "Does this relax me? Would it make me feel sleepy if I listened to it in bed?" If you put your aby to sleep in a noisy, active house full of people, keeping the tape running (auto rewind) will help mask baby-waking noises like dishes clanking, people talking and laughing, TV, or dogs barking.
5. Really five? I don't think five people read this! :) Okay, I'll pick Ashley, Karen, and Aubrey. (I know that's only three, but hey, I tried!)

No comments: