Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Quiet Time



It was a quiet day today. Grace is slowly recovering. She slept quite a bit. Fortunately she's past the rough part when stuff is coming up and going out. Fortunately also for mom and the washing machine. Hopefully by tomorrow, she will be back to herself again.


I didn't realize just how quiet today had been until about 4pm. Grace was still taking a nap, and I was dusting the bedroom. I then realized I had spoken for about 30 minutes all day. I don't think I made the estimated 20,000 words that a woman speaks each day. With Grace sick, and Mr. D. out of town, it was just me and my thoughts. I'm sure I THOUGHT 20,000+ words.


On the other wellness front, I have good news about our house repairs. Mr. D. called the company that manufactured our sink. We put our sink in about 4 years ago, and it actually had problems leaking about 6 months after that. The company sent out replacement gadgets (I pay close attention to the repairs), and it solved the problem for a while. However, now the leaking is three times as bad. Mr. D. called, and the company said that they would send out a voucher that would cover the cost of a new faucet. Praise God. We wouldn't have even called again, except when we were at Home Cheap-o, one of the employees recommended we call because the sinks have lifetime warranties. He said that nowdays people move so often and don't pay attention, that the companies can offer these warranties.


Also, my cell phone seems to have withstood my antenna "repair".


AND, the DVD recorder is in working condition again. I think it was just a scratched DVD (thanks Grace). However, alas, Gilmore Girls was not completely recorded. You see, my goal is to watch the first episodes chronologically because I have never seen them all. Mr. D. couldn't handle the pure girliness of the show, so I have to revert to syndication airings now.

No comments: