Sunday, January 20, 2008

Like a Kid in a Candy Store

Let me preface by saying how much I love my husband and baby girl.

That said, I got to spend an hour and a half by myself in a bookstore today. Sigh. It was great. I had gone in prepared to make it a short trip - I had my gift card and Christmas money in one hand and my printed Amazon wishlist in the other. But then the books beckoned. And I answered.

I spent everything I had with four pennies to spare. I tried to spend logically, and I went for something for the body, soul, and mind.

Body: Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson - An overview of incorporating whole and natural ingredients into cooking along with more than 100 recipes. I toyed for a long time between this one and "Whole Grains Every Day, Every Way" - but cost was the deciding factor.

Soul: Reaching for the Invisible God by Philip Yancey - I hadn't researched this book prior to shopping, but I liked the premise from what I read on the cover. It deals with having a relationship with God who we can't see, touch, hear, etc. Very relatable to some thoughts I have been going through on my own walk these days. I pray I have discernment when I read it.

Mind: The Post-Birthday World by Lionel Shriver - This hefty 500 page novel will keep my mind busy for a while. It hearkens back to my days as a literature major, only I don't have to write a term paper. It was rated number one in Entertainment Weekly's fiction books of the year. The review piqued my interest.




But wait, there's more. The best purchase of the day:



A Book about Sharing





No comments: