Friday, January 18, 2008

Good-Night Mr. D

Mr. D is going to lose his bet tonight. I know him better than he knows himself.

We rented Shrek III last weekend and have yet to watch it. Oh wait, I take that back, we started to watch it last Friday, but SOMEONE (not me) fell asleep. So I stopped it and decided to wait until a better time when both us were more alert.

And the week went by.

And the video is due tomorrow.

So, Mr. D insists that we watch it tonight. I told him that I know he's going to fall asleep. He has promised up and down that he's not going to. But this is why he will:
* He's been up since 4am
* He's worked all week, getting up at 3:30 am the previous two days
* We have to watch the movie in our room (our downstairs DVD player is broken)
* In our room means IN BED
* In bed means Mr. D asleep before the opening credits roll through

Okay, I'll give him a little credit - he'll be asleep by 9pm.

EDITED: 1/19/08
I let Mr. D know that Shrek didn't make it through to the end of the movie and that Fiona ran away with Puss in Boots.

He tried so very hard, but once his soda was gone, there was nothing left to keep him focused and I gave him permission to give in to the dark side - of his eyelids. And the time: 9:23 pm.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Okay, Sara, inquiring minds want to know... ;) Did you get to watch the whole movie with your dh awake?? LOL! Have a great weekend!! Karen T.