Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Mr. D

It's my dear hubby's birthday. Happy birthday Mr. D! I love you so much.


To celebrate today I let him pick what he wants to eat. I offered to make anything he wanted or we could go to the restaurant of his choosing. Not suprising, he picked his favorite place - a miner-themed restaurant that serves plates of food that could feed a small country.

This is what happens at this place.




This picture, as you can see, is from 2003 - celebrating my birthday. Yes, we are a new and original couple.


Mr. D knows that he needs to live it up today because today marks the end of all holiday celebrating, and thereby, holiday EATING! Our holiday celebrating/eating starts with the pre-Christmas birthdays in early December and end with his in January. Next week I am stocking up on some good, healthy food to cook meals that don't contains sticks of butter or cups of sugar. I don't even want to count how many sticks of butter I went through this year in my baking endeavors.

So we're off to eat too much. Perhaps if we have room, we'll indulge in a piece of the famous chocolate mother-lode cake.


Yes, that is a single serving of cake. Even those of us with miner-sized appetites can't polish this off in one sitting.

No comments: