Monday, January 14, 2008

There's Things in my Hair

I think I have made my baby a little paranoid. Not scared of the dark paranoid. But there's things crawling on my head paranoid. Okay maybe not crawling, but she definitely thinks everytime I touch her head that I left something on it that MUST be removed.

And yes, its my fault. Its my I-Want-A-Ponytail eagerness. I can't wait for Gracie's hair to grow. Imagine the possibilities: ponytails, barrettes, braids: french, fishtail, two braids, heck, three braids. I must confess, I am jealous when I work nursery and the other little girls have their cute curly locks - just rubbing it in my little Grace's face.

What does Grace have? Grace is growing a mullet. Seriously. A mullet. Her hair is finally growing in the back - it touches her back collar now. Hurrah. However, the front, still short. I have had people ask on my than one occasion if I have trimmed it. No, it grows like that.

So back to the paranoia. We went to Target last night. I couldn't resist a trip down the hair do-dads aisle. Aah - the cute little barrettes. Flowers, ladybugs, butterflies - any sort of nature - you can pin it on your head. So I couldn't resist trying them on Grace. Her hair is JUST long enough to hold them now - and that's a generous estimate. But, she reached up each time and swiped them out. The few little strands holding the barrettes down just couldn't them in. But I kept trying. And trying. Until Mr. D. finally told me that I had gone off the deep-end and could continue this at another time.

Today I was brushing my baby's mullet - we had pictures for the church directory today - and everytime I touched her head she reached up looking for something up there. So I couldn't resist, later on this evening, I just patted her head. Her little hand was up there searching for something.

I'll try it tomorrow and see if its just a temporary paranoia.

No comments: