Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Introducing Mr. Bento

I bought a Mr. Bento lunch jar for Mr. D. for Christmas. Since his car is now his office, I wanted to find something to pack his lunch in that would keep it warm and be able to offer him an alternative from sandwiches each day - or fast food as he has been doing the past few months. So I found the Mr. Bento. It is geared towards Asian cuisine, but I found many reviews stating that it worked well for American dining as well.

So I tried it out yesterday.

This was his lunch.



* Soup Bowl: Potato Cheese Soup - homemade I might add
* Main Dish Bowl: Chicken with artichokes, mushrooms & bulgur
* Large Side Bowl: Baby carrots
* Small Side Bowl: Pretzels

His review on the product:

"It worked well, but the food wasn't very hot when I ate it. It was okay for me, but you would have wanted it hotter."

That means the food must not have been very warm at all. Mr. D likes his food luke-warm. Blech.

So I think next time I will make sure the food is hotter before packing it up.

I was surprised how much those bowls held. Their looks are deceiving. The main dish bowl held a full serving of my leftovers.

I now need to come up with some creative ideas for breakfast/lunch items that can be packed cold. When Mr. D goes to work at 4am like today, I'm just not a good enough wife to get up and pack a hot lunch each day. Maybe once in a while I will. Maybe. Don't hold your breath.

No comments: